Friday, May 30, 2008

Delicious Banana Bread Recipe

What you need:
3 medium ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs (if you do not want to use eggs, substitute 3 TBSP milk - it won't rise as high but tastes just as good)
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

What you do:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mash the bananas, add softened butter, sugar and eggs, beat just until mixed. Add all dry ingredients (except nuts) - beat for 2 minutes on medium speed OR 300 strokes by hand. Stir in walnuts by hand. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan (5 1/4 by 9 1/2). Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes. I put a foil "tent" over my banana bread after 35 minutes of baking. I then removed it when there were 10 minutes left on the bake time. I didn't want the top to get too dark.

Let bread cool, slice and ENJOY!

1 comment:

jenscloset said...

Great blog! I found it from the flickr thread from a few days ago-just now adding everyone to my contact list! Nice to meet you!