Sunday, April 13, 2008

My new favorite fabric!

I ventured out to IKEA the other day with Luke. I went prepared with a pouch bag full of snacks for him to hunt through so I could attempt to browse in peace. It worked for the most part, a few little snaffus with trying to open snacks himself but nothing we couldn't handle. I headed directly to the fabric section and started my search. There were a lot of new fabrics by the IKEA designers and as I tried to convert euros to dollars in my head, translate the signs and figure out how to get my fabric cut, Luke happily munched on some mini M&Ms. I left with 4 meters of fabric and managed to create a tote out of 2 of my new finds that very day. Here is my new pride and joy.


It's priced a little higher than my other totes because the fabric is a heavier weight and a little more expensive. But wow - it sure has been looked at a lot in my store - it is my highest viewed item!
And here is a picture of what will become a future tote or two. (It's the fabric on top - don't mind the mess.) Exciting, no? I can't wait to see what it will look like as a tote bag.

No comments: