Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's all about perspective

Eh-yo. In preparation for this big move of ours, I have been trying to clear out the old by sewing like a mad woman AND selling fabric like crazy. I've been pulling the prints that I no longer enjoy looking at or that I've had for awhile, I've been taking yards, remnants and scraps to goodwill with every household item drop off. And I thought that I was doing a pretty good job clearing fabric out. I mean, my bins and grid wall were OVERFLOWING and fabric was taking over the floor. I was starting to become a little paranoid and thinking that small children might get lost if they happen to wander in so I pulled, sorted, folded and purged and now most of the fabric is contained in those bins and compartments. I was proud of myself. Until I found this picture: 19 wire grid cubes full of fabric And omg. I can see my floor, I can see the top of the grid wall. I can see the nice little fabric piles. and people were all "oooo, look at all the fabric", "I love it, I wish I could come over and pick out my fabrics!", "WOW, THAT IS SO MUCH FABRIC!!" And now I am ashamed and a little scared to post the latest picture of this very same wall. Maybe I should tidy up and retake the picture. Oh man. (do it! do it!) Gah. Okay. Here (gulp) is my fabric collection now. 14 months later. DSC04068 See? Perspective. Now THAT is a lot of fabric. ;) (Did you scream in horror?)

No comments: